Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Journey.......

I have always been a lover of natural hair. For the longest time I have always desired to have locs. Never had the courage to go all the way. Finally two years ago, I decided that now is the time to do something about it. Who cares what others think? Well I do, but you know what I mean. Since then I have been through it all. So many emotions came with the big chop. So many personal discoveries that have nothing to do with hair have taken place since January 2010. I never knew how much of my self esteem was actually connected to my hair. There have been days that I have desired to sit in the salon chair and say "I'll take a relaxer, please" but yet realized I would hate myself for it. This is what I want, I think. Some days are easier than others but I still believe that this journey has been worth it, for so many other reasons besides hair. I am resolute. I'm not turning back. I like what I have become thus far. I'm still learning me. I welcome the experiences that have yet to take place with a level of confidence that I never had before. To me, the pictures below exude the confidence and beauty of how a woman looks when she is comfortable with who she is and loves everything about herself. Oh yeah, they just happen to have natural hair!!!! No disrespect to what you choose to ROCK, this just does something for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting xoxoxo Tammy